– Tools > Internet Options is disabled (even when running as administrator)
– On startup, yellow message bar appears saying Protected Mode is turned off even though it is on
– Back button doesn't always work
1. Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off
2. Uncheck Internet Explorer 8, click OK
4. Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off
5. Check Internet Explorer 8, click OK
Internet Explorer will be reset and start again as when initially installed (Favorites and history are still available).